Seminars on ultra-small hydropower generation (Japan Brand Program)
Pico Pica 10 and students of the Sokoine University of Agriculture
Seminar at the Sokoine University of Agriculture
Operational experiments with Picopica 10 at the University of Dar es Salaam
Demonstration of picopica at the Sokoine University of Agriculture
River survey near Dar es Salaam
- On 20 and 22 September, the Embassy of Japan organised seminars and workshops on ultra-small hydropower generation device developed by Mr. Masaya Sumino of Sumino Seisakusho Co., Ltd. at Sokoine University of Agriculture and University of Dar es Salaam as part of the "Japan Brand Program", which aims to promote the attractiveness of Japanese culture, values, traditions, science and technology, etc.
- Dozens of students, university lecturers and government officials attended the seminars at both universities, and the University of Dar es Salaam seminar was covered by many Tanzanian media. In his seminars, Mr. Sumino emphasised the importance of utilising the limited energy resources through environmentally friendly power generation methods that are suited to Tanzania's environment and climate.
*University of Dar es Salaam-owned media coverage (in Swahili). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82TzYtMjtHY
- In his opening remarks at a seminar at the University of Dar es Salaam, Ambassador Misawa noted that the Japanese economy is characterised by a large number of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with a long history and advanced technology, many of which benefit the whole community.
- At the Sokoine University of Agriculture, an ultra-small hydropower generation device, "PICOPICA 10", was actually installed in a waterway created by university students for practical training, and LED lights were switched on with the electricity generated by the device. At the University of Dar es Salaam, an operational experiment of the Pico Pica 10 was also conducted using an experimental device that artificially generated water flow. Japan's advanced technology was promoted to university teachers and many other interested parties in Tanzania.
- Sumino Seisakusho is a company with a history of more than 100 years, and the ultra-small hydropower generation device manufactured using its advanced technology and innovative ideas has been highly acclaimed both in Japan and abroad.
"Japan Video Topics", a public relations video produced by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEgFlngZ04
Seminar at the University of Dar es Salaam