Ambassador Misawa’s visit to Yamagata Prefecture
Lecture entitled "Japan and Tanzania" (Nagai City Hall)
Exchange of views with Sports Exchange Adviser (SEA)
Courtesy call on the Governor of Yamagata Prefecture
Visit to sports facilities
Community radio interview
- On 4 and 5 September, Ambassador Misawa visited Nagai City, Yamagata Prefecture. He paid a courtesy call on Mr. Uchiya, Mayor of Nagai City, and delivered a lecture entitled ‘Japan and Tanzania’. He also held talks with the Sports Exchange Adviser (SEA), visited sports facilities, and was interviewed by the local FM radio station.
- In 2016, Nagai City was registered as the host town of the Tanzanian team for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Since then, Nagai City has been promoting sports exchanges with Tanzania, inviting top Tanzanian athletes to participate in the “Nagai Marathon” every year. This year, Mr. Juma Ikangaa, a former Tanzanian Olympic runner and PR ambassador for the JICA Tanzania office, will take part in the marathon on 15 October.
- On 5 September, the Ambassador paid a courtesy call on Ms. Yoshimura, Governor of Yamagata Prefecture. They discussed the partnership between Tanzania and Yamagata that has been strengthened since the former President of the Republic of Tanzania; H.E. Benjamin W. Mkapa visited Yamagata Prefecture on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of the foundation of the Yamagata-Tanzania Friendship Association in 2003. After the meeting with Governor Yoshimura, Ambassador Misawa held an exchange of views with members of the Association.
* Nagai City and Tanzania (Japanese) https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/gaiko/local/page23_003050.html
* Facebook post of the ambassador’s visit (Nagai City official account) (Japanese) https://www.facebook.com/city.nagai/posts/pfbid0zi5Cdg8EmFt3xCZDRBGUevjQNozUVZMLyuVXmNBj4jjKFxqJ7Mo847fbxs9SYuLjl
Exchange of views with the Yamagata-Tanzania Friendship Association (Chairman Ochiai is on the left).
Yamagata-Tanzania Friendship Association members